SEINE-SCHELDT, A NETWORK CONSTRUCTED IN PARTNERSHIP
Seine-Scheldt is a network that has been established in partnership by all the stakeholders involved in its implementation:
- decision-makers and funders in France (the French government, the Hauts-de-France, Ile-de-France, Normandy and Grand Est regions), Belgium and the European Union
- elected officials, citizens and associations in the territories crossed: regions, departments, municipalities and inter-municipal organisations
- river, rail and road infrastructure managers
- seaports and inland ports connected to the network
- transport and logistics stakeholders
- companies in a range of different economic sectors, the future users of the Seine-Scheldt
A NETWORK THAT CREATES LINKS
The result of a partnership and concerted approach, Seine-Scheldt not only forges waterway links between territories: it also strengthens the links between all the stakeholders involved as well as encourages social cohesion.
A NETWORK THAT IS OF INTEREST TO EVERY BUSINESS
The businesses affected by the implementation of the Seine-Scheldt network include some that already use the waterway, whatever their size or area of activity.
Some have historical links to river transport (such as construction, chemical, metalwork and food businesses).
Others are developing emerging activities around the waterway, such as urban river distribution and the circular economy.
Beyond that, Seine-Scheldt is of interest to every business that has to deal with road congestion in northern Europe, which sees this multimodal network as a credible, sustainable alternative to road transport.